Illinois Marijuana Card Application
Illinois Medical Marijuana Card Application
Illinois Medical Marijuana Card Application Forms
Patient Application Form Instructions
|Implementation of P.A. 99-051Changes to the Illinois Medical Cannabis Pilot Program were signed into law (P.A. 99-0519) on June 30, 2016. Currently, IDPH is preparing rules to add new conditions(post-traumatic stress disorder and terminal illness), to the program. We will make new application forms (including physician certification forms) available as soon as possible. Please watch IDPH’s website www.dph.illinois.govfor information and new forms.|
Do NOT send your applications for post-traumatic stress disorder and terminal illness now as we cannot accept them until we adopt emergency rules.
If you are currently a registered patient seeking to renew your registry identification card, information about this process will be mailed to you by the end of August.
Thank you for your continued support of the Medical Cannabis Pilot Program.
Illinois Medical Marijuana Card Eligibility Information
Applicants should discuss the use of medical cannabis with their physician before beginning an application. All applicants, except for Veterans receiving care at a VA facility, must have their physician submit a written certification for the use of medical cannabis.
To qualify for a patient registry identification card, a qualifying patient must:
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification for the use of medical cannabis;
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check and not have been convicted of an excluded offense (a felony under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, Cannabis Control Act, or Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, or similar provisions in a local ordinance or other jurisdiction), unless the Department waives such a conviction(s);
- Be at least 18 years of age; Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 1-855-636-3688.