6 Tips to Taking CBD Tinctures
By Lynn Julian Crisci
CBD tinctures are one of the simplest forms of cannabidiol products, which also make them one of the most popular. The definition of a tincture is “an herbal liquid extract that is meant to be consumed orally.” CBD is a natural cannabinoid found in all cannabis plants, including hemp and marijuana.
What is the Best Way to Take a CBD Tincture?
When taking a CBD tincture orally, in the mouth, place the liquid CBD oil under the tongue. CBD liquid is best absorbed by the tongue, not the stomach. One can also enable a little lung absorption of CBD by taking deep breaths in through the mouth, holding, and blowing out through the nose. This is similar to vaping CBD oil. See my article on CBD oil for vaporizers.
Here are easy tips for medicating with CBD tinctures:
- Do put the dose of tincture UNDER your tongue.
- Don’t touch the vial dropper to your tongue unless you wash it.
- If it’s a thick, CBD oil in a syringe, place the dose of CBD oil on your finger, rub it under your tongue and suck the remainder off your finger.
- If it’s a large dose of CBD oil, with a lot of fluid, use the tongue to rub the tincture around the inner cheeks. Or, separate the dose into 2 doses.
- Inhale very slowly and deeply, 10 times (in through the mouth / out through the nose. Then swallow the unabsorbed remainder of the tincture.
- Don’t drink or eat anything for ½ hour after you place the tincture.
This will give it time to fully absorb and not get washed into the stomach.
Lynn Julian Crisci wears more hats than a Hydra has heads! (http://linkedin.com/in/lynnjulian) In film, she’s an actress in dozens of movies (http://BostonActress.org). In music, she’s a Pop Superhero on 30+ CDs Internationally. In tech, she’s a website SEO Superhero and a Press Release and Article Marketing Maven. In health, she’s an “Advocate, Ambassador, Speaker, Consultant” for Leaftopia (http://Leaftopia.com) and the US Pain Foundation (http://USPain.org).