- Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our site and services, we may ask for the following personal information directly from you:
- Contact Information allows us to communicate with you and generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers.
- Payment Information needed to process payments such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Personal Profile or Service Information helps us with the administration and personalization of your personal profiles or services, such as areas of interest, information from social media interactions (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+) and preferences.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with and use our site and services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with service providers.
- Your Submissions help us with administration of our site and services and includes any information you voluntarily provide, generally through free form text boxes, forums, uploading a document or authorizing us to retrieve and import information from another user or third party on your behalf.
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our site and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it.
- How We Use Personal Information
We may use information collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our site’s and services’ terms, conditions, or policies,
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our site and services and customize your user experience,
- to enable you to communicate with other users,
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law,
- to meet contractual obligations,
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our site, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication,
- to manage our site and services,
- to provide customer service and technical support,
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications,
- to help you contact or schedule an appointment with a legal professional listed in one of our directories and remind you of upcoming or follow-up appointments, and
- to use anonymized personal information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
- Sharing Personal Information
We may share personal information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, including maintenance services, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, assisting in marketing efforts, email and text message distribution and customer service.
- We may share your contact data with attorneys choose to contact through the services.
- Your personal information, and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our site and services may be accessed and monitored as necessary to operate our site and perform our services, and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our site and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of Dispensary Location LLC’s assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction takes place, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company.
- We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
- Other Information We Automatically Collect and Cookies
We may also collect certain technical information when you use our site and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, and other software or hardware information. If you access our site and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it.
In addition, we may collect information about how you use our site such as the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site, visits to site outside our network, and other click-stream data. Some of this data may be shared with partners who referred you to our site(s) and who will use the data to optimize who else they refer to our site(s). Sometimes this data can be shared with partners who help us deliver ads to you on website not controlled by us, for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that to optimize what traffic they send to us.
- User Generated Content, Online Communities and Forums, Profiles and Reviews
You may choose to publicly disclose personal information about yourself and others in the course of (i) contributing user generated content (for instance articles, blogs, surveys, reviews, ratings, or podcasts), (ii) communicating with others in our online forums, communities, or chat rooms, (iii) creating user profiles for public view, or (iv) posting images, photos, or videos. Be aware, information that you voluntarily disclose in any of these areas of our site or services is unencrypted, public information and, therefore, there can be no expectation of privacy or confidentiality, except if the terms and conditions of the site or service specifically limit use of the content (for example, we may let you know how such survey and rating responses will be used and if anonymity is an option). Any personal information you submit in the course of interacting in these public activities can be read, collected, or used by other users. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to make public in any of these areas and strongly recommend against sharing any personal health or other sensitive information that could directly or indirectly be traced to any individual, including yourself.
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information
We encourage you to keep your personal information updated and accurate. We provide you reasonable access to your personal information and the ability to review, correct, or delete it.
- Email and Other Communications
Our site and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through our in-product instant messaging services, service-branded emails, SMS and other electronic communication channels. After you receive such communications, you may “opt out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- To unsubscribe from text messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words “STOP” or “END.”
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Contact us. Please provide your name, contact information, and specific relevant information that you no longer wish to receive.
- Linked Website and Services
We may also provide social media features on our site and services that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s) and to interact with our site and services. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media site(s) with which you interact.
- Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Our site and services are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third party website or online services. If you are under 13, please do not disclose or provide any information. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13,we will take steps to promptly delete the information. Should this policy change, we would comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use and disclose the personal information of children who are under 13 years of age.
Our site and services do not collect age from users under 18. If you reside in California and are a minor (you are under 18 years of age) and you are using a site or service that collects your age as a registration requirement and you submit content, please follow the instructions on the supplemental terms to request removal of public content. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our site and services if the content you posted has been shared or reposted. We are only obligated to remove content that you post, where you posted it. There are certain circumstances in which we do not have to remove your content, including if any other state or federal law requires us to maintain the information, we anonymize the content by removing identifying characteristics, or we paid you for the content you posted.
- International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Our site and services are hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and are intended for users in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our site and services may be processed in, transferred to and stored in the United States and will be subject to U.S. law. U.S. privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws of your country of residence. By using our site and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
- California Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, typically by “opting in” to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our site, for example. If you ask us to share your personal information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion since we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on an ongoing basis. To prevent disclosure of your personal information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not “opt in” to such use when you provide personal information on one of our site.
Users residing in certain jurisdictions, like California, have a right to access personal information held by us about them and their right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents asking about the business’s practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the resident has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place.
California residents may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us. When writing to us, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body or subject line of your request, and include your name and contact information. Please allow 30 days for a response. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- Contacting Us
Last Updated: October 26, 2015
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is placed onto your device and that is managed by your browser. Cookies were designed for website to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) and enable our site or services to function. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device and enable you to easily share content on our site and services and help us serve relevant ads to you.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as a user. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by our site when you return to the site. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a site or a browser session).
We may implement and use Google Analytics Display Advertising, specifically the Demographics and Interest Reporting feature to advertise online, sell advertising, and develop content.
We also may use Adobe Flash, which is another technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality. Adobe Flash is capable of storing information on your device (in a file outside of your browser).
How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
Cookies combined with ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us collect aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers. Pixels, which are invisible tags placed on our website, help us understand and improve our service, show you ads, and know when content has been shown to you. Please note that because our pages include advertisements, your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, and these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google’s Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Please note that not all browsers provide the ability to remove Adobe Flash “cookies” (also called “locally stored objects,” or “LSOs”). You can restrict or block Adobe Flash cookies/LSOs through the Adobe website.
You can opt out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Aperture, PrivacyChoice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or www.aboutcookies.org.
Last Updated: October 26, 2015
Dispensary Location LLC